- Do I need a visa to enter Russia?Yes. UK nationals and most foreign nationals need a visa to enter and stay in the Russian Federation for a specific period of time.
- Why should I use Travel Visa Agency?Our company is based in London with partner offices in Moscow and Saint-Petersburg so we can be of service to you here and while you are travelling.We can provide yoru visa support documents and advise you which type of visa you
- What are visa support documents?Visa support documents are your invitation for a tourist visa for Russia. They consist of a voucher and confirmation issued by a licensed Russian travel agent. You cannot apply for a tourist visa without visa support documents. We can provide visa support documents (some nationality restrictions apply)
- Can I travel only with support documents? No. You will need a visa. Only the actual visa in your passport issued by the Russian Consulate will allow you to enter Russia.
- Do I need an invitation? You need an official invitation if you apply for a private or a business visa. We can provide invitations for business visas.
- Business or tourist visa? Depends on the purpose of your trip.
Tourist visas are valid for up to 30 days and allow either a single or double entry and exit.
Business visas are valid from 1 to 12 months and may allow multiple entries and exits.
If you need to go to Russia urgently you can apply for a tourist visa and still do business, attend meetings or conferences in Russia.
- Do I need to stick to the entry and exit dates? No. You can enter Russia after the starting date of your visa and you can exit Russia before the date of expiry of your visa. However, you are allowed to enter and exit Russia only within the validity period of your visa.
- What will be the duration of my visa? Your visa dates will be the same as the dates in your support documents. If we are providing the support documents for your tourist visa, you may request longer validity, up to 30 days.
- How long can I stay in Russia on a multiple entry visa? A multiple entry 12 months validity visa will now allow you to stay in Russia not more than 90 days within every 180 days period.
- Why do I have to register my visa in Russia? According to the Russian Law all foreign visitors have to register their visas within 7 working days of their arrival in Russia. Those who fail to register their visas may be required to pay fine when they try to exit Russia or if they are stopped by the police. Read more about visa registration.
- If you are staying at a hotel the hotel staff should automatically register your visa usually free of charge.
- If you are staying at a private/rental apartment or with relatives and friends you can register your visa at the nearest post office usually for a nominal fee or contact us
for registration assistance in Moscow or St. Petersburg (additional fees apply).
- Do I need to book my flight or hotel before I apply for Russian visa? No. Unless you are a French passport holder – your flight booking confirmation will be required
- Do I need travel or medical insurance? Generally British passport holders are not required to present copies of their travel or medical insurance in order to apply for visa. For Non-UK passport holders it is obligatory to supply medical/travel insurance together with their visa application documents.
- I hold a non-UK passport. Can I apply for my Russian visa in the UK? Yes, if you can prove that you have been permanent resident in the UK for the last at least three months. Please contact us for more details.
- Do I need to send my passport to you? Yes. We need your passport because the consulate will affix your visa to it.
- How long are you going to keep my passport? We need your passport only during the consulate processing time. We do not need your passport during processing time for visa support documents or invitations.
- How should I send my passport to you? You can send it by post or courier.
Please do not send your passport by regular mail. We would advice that you use Royal Mail Special Delivery. It is guaranteed for next day, requires signature and you can claim up to £500 compensation for lost or damaged items.
- Can you transfer my valid Russian visa in a new passport? Yes. We will need both your old passport with the visa and your new passport.
- My child is under 18, do we have to apply for separate visa and are the costs applicable to him/her as well? Yes. Every passport holder is treated as a separate visa applicant and will need to apply for a visa to enter Russia.
- What additional documents are required for a child under 18 to apply for a Russian visa? Normally a letter of consent and a passport copy of the parent/parents, not travelling with the child will be requested. Every situation is different; please contact us before you apply.
- I will be visiting Russia as part of a cruise. Do I need a tourist visa if I want to visit any city in Russia independently and what support documents are required? You will need a cruise visa and you can apply with the official itinerary from the agency organizing the cruise. Your visa will be cheaper than the standard tourist visa. Please contact us before you apply.